12 Aug 2010

Cushions in the making

I have been busy making cushions. One is for a lovely little girl who will be starting school in August. It is such an exciting time, a big milestone and I remember how thrilling it was to have my own school bag with my notebooks and pens and pencils…it felt quite special.


The other two cushions have felt letters stitched to the front using blanket stitch. I will probably make some to sell but since my husband liked the idea so much I will keep these two – one on the sofa and one on the bed.

I really like the fabric that I used for the cushions – 100% cotton in dark beige with cream stripes. I will have to go back to Battersea and a lovely fabric shop called Fabrics Galore - I recommend it to any sewing fan visiting London.




Love,
Irina

0 Lovely people said:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment if you'd like... I love reading every single one of them and to make it easier there is no annoying word verification.