14 Feb 2013

Pom pom monster wands


{ a craft lesson}

Lovely Little Big Daughter invited two friends yesterday to learn how to make pom poms. The inspiration came from the tulle pom pom wands that I made as favours for her Birthday party and so everyone wanted to know how pom poms are made.

 
The girls sat patiently and waited for me to cut the circles and show them how it’s done and although I was worried that the needle might be too big all went fine and everyone had fun. 


I wasn't sure what to do with the finished pom pom so at the end we just added some spiralled pipe cleaner ( I only had white left from Christmas, a colourful one could have been probably better) and glued ( I used my hot glue gun) some wiggly eyes. I suggested using a big and a small eye to make the monster funnier but the girls didn't think it was such a good idea. Than I glued the pom pom to a paper straw, hence the pom pom monster wand name.



I haven't provided a tutorial on how to make the pom poms because I am sure you know already and I bet there are plenty of tutorials on the net . This is just an idea of a craft activity with your five year old (not necessarily, but I think five would be the minimum age) and let me tell you, the girls were so proud they made their own pom poms.


 Hope you are having a great week!

Love,
Irina xx


3 comments:

  1. Such a fun activity to do with little kids, Irina!!! I'll be keeping this in mind...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute project! I love it so much that I decided to feature it in our roundup of pom pom crafts! Check it out here: http://www.favecraftsblog.com/pom-poms-crafts/

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment if you'd like... I love reading every single one of them and to make it easier there is no annoying word verification.