25 Feb 2013

Re-fashioned tights

{ from tights to leggings = t-eggings}


Happy Monday everyone! If you have a little girl than I am sure you know all about tights - you buy them in the correct size only to find out that two washes later and they don't fit properly any more. They seem to have shrunk or who knows what but they just do not offer comfort anymore and so your precious little darling is starting the day complaining that the tights that match that dress are not comfortable anymore.

In my opinion there are two things that can be done - go back to the shop and buy and new pair or simply re-fashion the smaller pair and make t-eggings. Of course it can't be done in that very second so alternative clothing arrangements needs to be made but you'll be in safe hands next time.

I guess you also know all about the importance of leggings - they protects the knees when falling, they keep legs and bottom warm (ish) after spending hours digging in the sand on the playground and ultimately they compliment an outfit, as my five year old says. So yes, we love leggings in our home! And now we love t-eggings!



This idea was ultimately inspired by the post from U Create and now I have a great way to use all those small tight and all those little pieces of ribbon.

So go and dig out those small tights and your ribbon scraps make some t-eggings. Its easy!

The photo tutorial below will give you an idea of how it is done.

Cut the tights as you like - you can make them longer or shorter.
Find a coordinating ribbon and attach it to the back part of the leg with a pin. Make sure that one part of your ribbon will be more or less aligned with the end of the tights where you'll saw the ziz zag stitch.
Set your machine to the normal zig zag stitch.
If you'd like to create a wavy effect on the ribbon than you'll need to pull gently the tights while sewing. By doing that the ribbon will become sort of frilly.
When you are finished, attached the two ribbons together with a zig zag stitch and cut of the excess ribbon. If you feel you have to, than use a lighter to carefully seal the ends.
For alternative versions you can add a second layer of ribbon or embellish the sides or the back with some bows.


Yes, I saw the pictures and I can't believe I am wearing matching nail polish.



Have a great Monday and a wonderful week!

Stay warm! 

Love,
Irina xx 

P.S. Please see my Linky Party Fun page for some of the parties I link up to.

This post was featured on
toastie studio

10 comments:

  1. So easy to do, yet so pretty. A great way to extend the life of a garment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable!Great idea!Thanks so much for sharing the great tutorial!
    Have a fabulous week!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Perfect for long-legged little girls to make tights last longer. And I'm wearing that same color nail polish =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking up to my party! I wanted to let you know I picked your link to feature this week! See my post and grab my feature button here http://toastiestudio.blogspot.nl/2013/03/create-and-inspire-58-picks.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful tutorial! I loved the outcome!
    Great post!! I included it in my post Βόλτα στη Γειτονιά #24 :)
    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. สล็อตโจ๊กเกอร์
    เว็บสล็อตออนไลน์เป็นเว็บไซต์ที่ได้รับการปรับขนาดจากเกมสล็อตเดิม ๆ มาสู่รูปแบบออนไลน์​ที่ช่วยให้นักพนันสามารถเล่นเกมสล็อตได้ทุกที่และทุกเวลา

    ReplyDelete
  7. สล็อตฟรี
    เกมส์สล็อต คือคาสิโนรูปแบบง่ายที่สุด เป็นตู้ออกรางวัลตามที่ได้ เริ่มเป็นที่รู้จักในแวดวงบ้าน​เรามากขึ้นเรื่อยๆ ด้วยความง่ายในการเล่น อยากเล่นเกมส์แบบไหน สามารถดูตัวอย่างเกมสล็อต และอีกข้อที่สำคัญที่ควรพิจารณาก็คือ การฝาก-ถอนรวดเร็ว

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment if you'd like... I love reading every single one of them and to make it easier there is no annoying word verification.